Grab been sending email on the new changes and makes one wonder is it for better or worse.
Finally, on 1st July 2019, Grab unveils the changes and surprising its pleasant change. Let’s see the changes as below.
- No expiry to GrabRewards points, as long there is a grab transaction once every 6 months.
- New and better selection of rewards.
- Challenges to unlock more reward.
Your points don’t expire
Grabrewards points don’t expire so long you make at least one Grab transaction within 6 months from the last transaction. Payment includes Grabpay to the merchant. Better still, the points will expire on the last date of the 6th month.
Rewards redemption got better
Since points do not expire as above mention, user can save up points to redeem better items instead of the usual Grab food or Grab vouchers. New items available for redemption is as below and not exhaustive.
- Samsung Galaxy S10e 128GB – 490,000 points
- Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 – 300,000 points
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II – 200,000 points
- Nintendo Switch Console – 190,000 points
- Cathay Cineplexes Suites Voucher – 15,000 points
Complete the challenge and get reward with free rides, vouchers and extra GrabRewards Points. The first challenge is for Grabfood and subsequence there will be challenges for Grab Rides.
My own opinion, this challenge is not attractive. You will need to complete three GrabFood orders with minimum $15 to get $3 Grabfood voucher. Users with Platinum or Gold status usually will receive 20-30% off Grabfood order with a minimum $20. I doubt anyone will be completing this challenge for the $3 voucher. As of writing, 29 vouchers are redeemed. This show how unpopular this challenge is.
I like the way how GrabRewards doesn’t expire and the additional rewards for redemptions. Lets hope Grab will be adding more rewards especially for mid tier redemptions.